My photo
two-two-niine, Georgia, United States
i never thought it would be hard to fit a nut into a nutshell, but here's a go at what i'm about. foremost, i know, love and follow the Lord. i'm a wild card. i enjoy being alone as much as i enjoy other people. i eat up anything art-related. i'm an only child. i have a BBA in Marketing & an AA in Fine Arts. i'm the marketing and PR gal for Stewbos group, a job i truly love. i do this part-time, and the rest of the time i'm a stay at home wife/mama to Justin and Vayda. i itch to travel and i delight at learning new things. you'll find i'm neurotic, intellectual, honest and somewhat naive. i'm open and compassionate, yet paradoxically hard on myself. my biggest fear is succumbing to cynicism, and my greatest joy is experiencing growth. my idol is willy wonka, because i never want to grow up. i sing and dance my way through the day. I believe the best ones are full of giggles. i think blogging is rather self-indulgent. writing about my thoughts feels selfish, yet i enjoy the exploration it brings. thanks for stopping by.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

secrets

i accidently posted this to an old business blog on saturday. weird. oops:

i'm on the bus home from secret church right now, and i've really enjoyed the trip. after taking a step back from the ministries i was involved in, i felt a little alienated. but this has been a really good experience. i think i made a lot of the tension up in my mind, and i'm really encouraged that i don't feel compelled to run away because i feel like i've failed (something i'd typically do) since i had to give some things up. everyone still cares about me and likes me the same as they always have, so i am feeling less stressed about it.

i found myself listening to 'secrets' by onerepublic a few minutes ago. there's something about that song that touches me, and i think it's because relate to what the band is saying. it's so easy for me to live under pretense, and the song always reminds me that insincerity is so unnecessary. i heard the song for the first time flying home from boston, and i cried. i don't even really know why. i didn't know what the lyrics meant at first, but i thought it was so beautiful. having the courage and the desire to be me enough to go on a trip independently was a big deal. i have lived so long trying to fit into someone else's mold that being myself seems unnatural sometimes, so i'm striving all the time to remain authentic in who i am and who God created me to be. today i ate lunch alone again. i've done this a lot lately. i will see movies alone and other solo activities just to remind myself that i don't always require the approval and company of others. i'm such a people pleaser that i often forget to please God or treat myself right.

i'm happy for the discovery i've had recently, and i hope i will be able to find the right balance of pleasing others and leaving time to have a healthy personal life. i guess i'll just continue to 'give all my secrets away' in the meantime as i grow into this new idea. i think it's a pretty nifty thing.

No comments: