My photo
two-two-niine, Georgia, United States
i never thought it would be hard to fit a nut into a nutshell, but here's a go at what i'm about. foremost, i know, love and follow the Lord. i'm a wild card. i enjoy being alone as much as i enjoy other people. i eat up anything art-related. i'm an only child. i have a BBA in Marketing & an AA in Fine Arts. i'm the marketing and PR gal for Stewbos group, a job i truly love. i do this part-time, and the rest of the time i'm a stay at home wife/mama to Justin and Vayda. i itch to travel and i delight at learning new things. you'll find i'm neurotic, intellectual, honest and somewhat naive. i'm open and compassionate, yet paradoxically hard on myself. my biggest fear is succumbing to cynicism, and my greatest joy is experiencing growth. my idol is willy wonka, because i never want to grow up. i sing and dance my way through the day. I believe the best ones are full of giggles. i think blogging is rather self-indulgent. writing about my thoughts feels selfish, yet i enjoy the exploration it brings. thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

it's christmas time in the city...

ring-a-ling...:)
where did christmas come from?! this year has been a total whirlwind, i swear. i can't believe the holiday season is here again. life should slow down so i can catch a breath.

i don't really have much to say. everything is moving along at the same ol' pace.

i filmed a commercial recently for one of our clients, and it just started airing. i've been getting a lot of attention over it, and it makes me uneasy. i don't like feeling that i'm the butt of some jokes, but it's all in the name of being the best employee i can at LMF! and who knows, maybe compass cleaners really will point me in the right direction and give me my big break, haha! yea, right. but hey, a girl can dream!

after a month of sloth-like tendencies, i've decided to amp up my diet/exercise combo and give it all i've got during the holidays. i've been fluctuating around the same 3 pounds for a month or so, and i'm ready to just go all out and lose twelve-ish pounds to get to my long-term goal. fad diets generally fail me, but i talked this latest thing over with chipper--my weight loss guru--and we decided this seemed like it was worth a shot.

i'm substituting these protein-esque shakes for two of my meals each day, and they are UH-mazing. i ate one at 8:30 this morning, and now everyone's at lunch. i'm sitting at my desk...still full as a tick. i feel great, healthy, energetic--and i like it! i can definitely handle this for a month or so, and i'm feeling like i will see the results i'd like to see. i know i will always struggle with my image and my weight, but when i feel like i am in control, i'm a happier me.

i finally get my college diploma on saturday. i can't believe it's really here! DONE-ZO! after being done with classes for five months, i am eagerrrrrly awaiting this piece of paper. i'm also going to the festival of lights at callaway gardens with chipper this weekend after i graduate. he left roses on my car last night at the gym and a note asking me to go. sooooo romanticaaaaaal. *sigh* i'm a very happy girl, i am.

No comments: