My photo
two-two-niine, Georgia, United States
i never thought it would be hard to fit a nut into a nutshell, but here's a go at what i'm about. foremost, i know, love and follow the Lord. i'm a wild card. i enjoy being alone as much as i enjoy other people. i eat up anything art-related. i'm an only child. i have a BBA in Marketing & an AA in Fine Arts. i'm the marketing and PR gal for Stewbos group, a job i truly love. i do this part-time, and the rest of the time i'm a stay at home wife/mama to Justin and Vayda. i itch to travel and i delight at learning new things. you'll find i'm neurotic, intellectual, honest and somewhat naive. i'm open and compassionate, yet paradoxically hard on myself. my biggest fear is succumbing to cynicism, and my greatest joy is experiencing growth. my idol is willy wonka, because i never want to grow up. i sing and dance my way through the day. I believe the best ones are full of giggles. i think blogging is rather self-indulgent. writing about my thoughts feels selfish, yet i enjoy the exploration it brings. thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

i learned to ride a bike today.

i'm nearly 22, and i just learned how to ride a bike. i'm still not very good, but this was a defining moment for me. many people have tried to teach me over the years, and it never ends well. i just give up, because i get too scared. ryan, stephanie and the whole bible study crew came to cheer me on as i finally rode all by myself tonight. it was epic.

it kind of gives me hope about all the choices i'm facing in the coming months in some odd way. i've never missed riding a bike, really. i even thought it was different and cute that i didn't know how, but it's cool now because i have a new skill i can sharpen. i have a new way to travel. i'm no longer bound by my inability and inexperience in that area. i overcame the fear.

i'm bound by fear when it comes to the idea of moving or not having a plan of action for my career when i graduate, but i think i can overcome that now that i've watched it play out in a more trivial instance of my life. letting these fears go and just persevering through the unknown is a little more attainable now that i found courage in a smaller victory. i think it's neat.

tomorrow, i'm off of work, and i plan to stay home and relax all day. i have so much reading, studying and homework to do that it'll be good to spread it out throughout tomorrow and knock it all out. camp is on monday, and i am very excited to hear david platt and see what God's going to do in our lives. it'll be at the beach, too, so we're hoping to help with the oil spill clean-up however we can. i still feel a little crazy sometimes being old enough to be a leader. these past four years of college have flown by, and i am about to earn the title of a legit adult. totally weird. i have no idea what's next, but i know it will be good. this summer has been spectacular so far. i don't think much could make it better. i've met great new friends, and i'm being so blessed by helping out in ministry at my church. it's unreal how much i've learned about my faith in these past few weeks, and i'm just so excited to be able to glorify God in everything i do.

my eyes are rolling back, so i think it's time to go to sleep. hopefully, i will have something to update before camp.

No comments: