My photo
two-two-niine, Georgia, United States
i never thought it would be hard to fit a nut into a nutshell, but here's a go at what i'm about. foremost, i know, love and follow the Lord. i'm a wild card. i enjoy being alone as much as i enjoy other people. i eat up anything art-related. i'm an only child. i have a BBA in Marketing & an AA in Fine Arts. i'm the marketing and PR gal for Stewbos group, a job i truly love. i do this part-time, and the rest of the time i'm a stay at home wife/mama to Justin and Vayda. i itch to travel and i delight at learning new things. you'll find i'm neurotic, intellectual, honest and somewhat naive. i'm open and compassionate, yet paradoxically hard on myself. my biggest fear is succumbing to cynicism, and my greatest joy is experiencing growth. my idol is willy wonka, because i never want to grow up. i sing and dance my way through the day. I believe the best ones are full of giggles. i think blogging is rather self-indulgent. writing about my thoughts feels selfish, yet i enjoy the exploration it brings. thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

give thanks.

the transition is finally here. brittany and logan are the first to leave tomorrow. summer is ending, and so are the internships. this summer has taught me a lot about letting go. letting go of people, especially. i was so apprehensive at the beginning of the summer to build friendships with these new faces at church, because i knew i'd love them and that they'd leave at the end of the summer. i just didn't think i could handle that given the losses i'd endured in relationships earlier in the summer. i was wrong though. i decided to suck up my fatalistic ways, and i made some really awesome new friends. i feel so blessed to have made such wonderful friends over this summer, and i can honestly say that this has been one of the greatest seasons of my life.

there are worse things in life than losing people. i may never see some of my friends again, but i think a larger tragedy would have been to never know them at all. learning their testimonies and growing from their company has made me a better person. my life is more full having known them. being fearless in building relationships is something i'm no good at. i'm selfish, and i like to keep what i gain. i don't like to watch it go. i don't like to be out of control. unfortunately, life doesn't work like that. my heart will have to break. i have to let things go when it's time. i had to let my kids in maryland go at the end of the week. i feel like God is training me for the heartbreak of mission work. traveling and serving people ultimately means building a touching connection with others that i'm not able to keep. i never thought i was made for that kind of thing, and it's still something i feel ultimately unprepared for. it's not within me to do such things, but i know that by God's hand, i'm able and willing.

it's times like these when i know my experiences are no mistake. life feels like a movie, because it's all linear. my life is so blessed. i don't deserve it. i'm such a failure, and i'm in awe that God could love me so much. He gave His life for me, and He gives me a gloriously full life daily. i'm grateful for a season in which i've seen so much fruit and so much joy. it's so refreshing after a long season of confusion and emptiness. the friends i've made are going to do wonderful things in their lives. i will see them again. we've spent a wonderful summer serving the Lord and others together, and i'll never forget it. one day, we'll all be in eternity together. though i can't quite wrap my brain around that, i find that simply spectacular.

i'm looking forward with an open mind. i have no idea about the future, really. what i'm doing now is more than i could have ever dreamed. i've applied for seminary, and i've talked to my parents. it looks like i'll really be going. i'm serving with youth again and helping with relevate a ton, and i get excited just thinking about what God is doing in both of those ministries. i don't deserve to be a part of such amazing things, and yet i have such an awesome privilege. i might have a cool, new job working for the city doing theatre stuff. i feel so provided for, and i don't have many worries at all. i know even if my house blows up tomorrow and everyone started to hate me that the Lord would make a way out of all of it, because he's redeemed my life from many tangled messes. i'm so glad He decided to use my mess of a life the way He has. i'm so very thankful today.

No comments: