My photo
two-two-niine, Georgia, United States
i never thought it would be hard to fit a nut into a nutshell, but here's a go at what i'm about. foremost, i know, love and follow the Lord. i'm a wild card. i enjoy being alone as much as i enjoy other people. i eat up anything art-related. i'm an only child. i have a BBA in Marketing & an AA in Fine Arts. i'm the marketing and PR gal for Stewbos group, a job i truly love. i do this part-time, and the rest of the time i'm a stay at home wife/mama to Justin and Vayda. i itch to travel and i delight at learning new things. you'll find i'm neurotic, intellectual, honest and somewhat naive. i'm open and compassionate, yet paradoxically hard on myself. my biggest fear is succumbing to cynicism, and my greatest joy is experiencing growth. my idol is willy wonka, because i never want to grow up. i sing and dance my way through the day. I believe the best ones are full of giggles. i think blogging is rather self-indulgent. writing about my thoughts feels selfish, yet i enjoy the exploration it brings. thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

member

i had one of those dreams last night that was just shy of reality. dreams. i love them. is it strange to want to live inside my brain? probably. i think of all the possibilities. during lucid dreams--those dreams in which the dreamer is conscious enough to make decisions within the context of the dream--i feel as if i could stay. last night's dream flowed in and out of a lucid state. in dreams, i could meet God, or at least my mind's version of Him. i could have you, without any of your objections or any of the consequences of time's cruelty. i could fly. i could jump off of a cliff, and land without dying. or maybe i would die, because i've never slept long enough to endure the landing of such a fall. i'm always startled awake. i could avoid all of the things in this reality that pull at me. i wouldn't have to please everyone or worry about stepping on toes. no responsibilities or trivial tasks.

the dream was depressing and not because it was wonderful. it sucked. you were there. i was there. you ignored me. i tried to persuade you not to ignore me. it made me feel crappy in the dream. i woke up feeling crappy in reality. i'm fascinated how dreams can warrant this in reality. i had been pondering the issue yesterday, but the dream made it much more real today. it brought me back to a familiar state of denial about the disconnect i feel between what i want and what i am. i'm tired of cycling through this. not only does kubler-ross occur over the long-term, i feel as if i go through all five of the stages everyday. i'm so exhausted.

i'm so much more fascinated by dreams lately, because i feel like i'm living in one. not a warm or a cold dream, really, but a neutral dream. i'll try to explain what i mean. something i know without doubt: i've left a vital piece of my reality behind me. something that will ultimately come back into my reality again to remain. maybe you think that's presumptuous of me, but i know. and i won't be convinced of anything less until i hear it from the One who orginally convinced me. this ever-present disconnect i've been experienicing has treated me nicely, and i've grown. i have gained understanding. i've gained some cconfusion, too. it's hard not to want to control and push things forward. i struggle. i struggled today and lost. i've lost a lot lately, but i'm working on dilligence. this journey could be long, much longer than even i imagined. i imagine one day it won't feel like a dream anymore. or maybe i'm all wrong. maybe i projected too much of myself into divine planning, but that is denial, too. there's not a lot of comfort in remaining where i am right now. this situation burdens me daily, and i'm praying it won't completely consume the rest of me. it's such a struggle to let it go.

No comments: